Friday, October 28, 2011

The Girls

I was thinking today about my poor niece, who has had her license revoked by her parents due to a speeding ticket.  It is interesting how your perspective  can change everything.  When you are a teenager stuff like this seems so unfair, but when you are a parent you begin to understand that punishment is necessary in the teaching/learning process.  This lead me to realize, again, that I don't like disciplining, at all.  I really just wish that Kenzie, and probably soon, Laura, would just be obedient and do what I ask her to do, I don't get any enjoyment out of punishing her, I just wish it could all be happy, fun things all the time.  Then I realized that she would never learn, and if I discipline correctly she will learn, and so will I.  Motherhood has helped me understand how Heavenly Father teaches us, and loves us and how wonderful it is that we can make mistakes and that He knows EXACTLY how to "discipline" us so that we learn exactly what we are supposed to.  I have so far to go in my disciplining...

On a happier note, I love having the girls that I do.  Kenzie has such a good heart, she is so loving and caring.  Whoever is friends with her throughout her life will be so blessed to have her.  She cares, deeply, about everyone.  She loves to make sure that everyone is included.  She LOVES to help, I think that is how she expresses her love, and receives it too, helping.  She is more like me than I would like to admit.  Two people now have told me that I am too am stubborn and strong willed.  I never really thought I was, but if others see it, it must be a little true at the very least, right?  Despite all of the stress that is caused by this willful girl, I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world, I love her exactly as she is.  Laurie is such a joy to have around, when I have her in my arms, I don't even know how to describe how I feel, I just feel peaceful, like I do when I am with Paul.  She is so pretty and really has an upbeat attitude, I know that is silly to say about a one year old, but it is truly how I feel about her.  I get so excited every time I go to get her out of her bed, I just love seeing her and watching her learn and grow.  I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the blessing that it is to be a mother, I can honestly say that there is absolutely nothing else that I would rather do with my days. I can't imagine being happier doing anything else.




No comments: