Monday, August 23, 2010

Little Miss Laura Kate

Our little one is here! She came about a month early unfortunately, August 21 instead of September 20, but we are glad that she is doing well in the NICU on Oxygen and antibiotics - just in case she has an infection. We aren't sure when she will be able to come home but she was doing a lot better today and she was able to eat tonight. She has to be able to breathe on her own and eat before they will let her leave so we are heading in the right direction. She is a beauty! She has a head full of dark brown hair. I can't put the pictures up right now because I am on the laptop and the USB ports no longer work and I can't sit at the big computer right now (did I mention I just had a baby, recovery is slow). We only have 2 pictures from right after she was born and I will get more when she isn't covered in wires, I don't want to be reminded constantly of how she looked in the hospital with all their crazy stuff on her. She weighed 5 lbs. 11 oz. and was 19 inches long. I was 35 weeks and 5 days when she was born. We are happy that she is here and love her to pieces. Poor Kenzie hasn't gotten to see her since they took her from the delivery room and she always asks to go to the hospital and it breaks my heart to tell her no. I promise I will post pictures as soon as I can.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh Kate! Wow. I am sorry that she came early but hope she is ok. It sounds like she is doing ok. That would be really hard to not bring her home. I hope she recovers quickly and gets to come home soon! Can't wait to see little Laura's pictures!

Evelyn Porter said...

Hang it there Kate and Paul. I know the NICU and the wires are scary. But Melos come from tough stock. You'll have her home before you know it.

Sam said...

Welcome Laura! Know you have lots of family and friends cheering you on! We love you Paul and Kate and Kenzie! Laura will be home in no time!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! I hope that she is doing well. Jadie was born a month early too. Our prayers are with you guys!

Brynn said...

Hooray for your sweet little peanut! Keep us posted on her progress! Love you guys!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

WOW!! I had no idea...I'm sorry I am so late! Congrats, and hang in there! You & Laura will be in our prayer's!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations guys!!

nathan said...

Congrats! how exciting. I'm so happy that everything is going well, despite the early delivery. What a beautiful name too. I can't wait to see pictures of you two- all that hair! I hope your recovery speeds up SOO fast. CONGRATS!!

Kristi said...

Congrats! I am sorry to hear about the complications... but glad she seems to be doing well! WE will keep her (and you) in our families prayers!!!