Saturday, December 20, 2008

Arizona Winter

This is what it looks like right now where I am from-Flagstaff, AZ. For those of you who haven't ever been there, it is in Northern Arizona about 2.5 hours from Phoenix where it is in the mid 60's. I have had a hard time convincing people who are from Michigan that it snows more in Flagstaff than it does here, so here is the proof. I think my mom said this happened in about 3 days time. When I heard last, which was 2 days ago there was 20" on the table that is pictured below and they were still expecting more to come! I am questioning why we are choosing to move back there? But at least they plow ALL the roads out there and they use cinders instead of salt because that mountain you see below is a dormant volcanoe so there is a plethora of cinders in the area. As opposed to Michigan where they only plow some of the roads and use salt, which totally ruins your car. Anyway, here it is, the place we are moving to in just about 9 months! At least the summers are beautiful!




This is my parent's house, where I was born (technically, brought home from the hospital) and raised






Here's the 20" of snow that my dad measured




And for something more pleasant, my mom's beautiful Christmas tree, those lights are from Bronner's, brining a little of Michigan to Arizona:)
**Mom- I know you have seen this and are probably sick of it so I will post pictures of Kenzie tomorrow, they are still on the camera and I am too lazy and tired right now to post them too so check in tomorrow evening for some pictures from this weekend:)






4 comments:

kristin said...

It wasn't so bad if I didn't leave the house. But....I did. And it was bad. And now I'm left with a dangling skid plate on the bottom of my car. It wasn't bad for Becca either. She had all her finals canceled. Lucky girl.

Kristi said...

Guess what??? To save $ the town is totally scaling back on there plowing and cindering/salting! Mean hu? Only plowing main roads and only doing cenders / salt at intersections! Yikes!
I had te same problem on my mission, people constantly asking me how I was handeling the cold/snow - I was always like - seriously, you should see it at home! ;)

Melisa said...

That is a lot of snow! I'm impressed. I can't believe you are leaving so soon! At this rate, you'll leave before me. ;)

Bethany and Cameron said...

Oh the nostalgia of growing up in Flagstaff...:) I was so happy to see those pics! I loved growing up there and I miss those snow days when school was cancelled and my friends and I would just walk around the neighborhood bored, but happy to not be in school! I enjoy the snow now at Christmas time but that's it! I can't handle it anymore!