Kenzie is 2!!!! I can't believe it has been 2 years since we were blessed with this tiny, yet not so tiny, spirit. We started Friday with opening presents first thing in the morning, I made the mistake of leaving them on the table and somehow she found them immediately, so we opened them. I didn't mind though because I am not good at waiting to give people presents, I love to see their reactions, and besides that, I wanted to see the birthday dress from Grandma Emma. Dad had to study so Kenzie and I had fun playing out in the snow for a while, sledding down the tiny hill behind our apartment. She liked it a lot more this year than she did last! We are going to go a lot when Dad is done with finals. Then after we went sledding we got a visit from Diana Charles to bring birthday wishes and a present, which is wonderful, thank you so much, Kenzie loves it. Then she went down for a nap so I could get the house cleaned up and we just spent the rest of the day playing and doing whatever made our little hearts happy. Last night we had some friends over for some cake and went shopping with the money that Grammy sent. Here are some pictures from the occasion.
Opening Grandma Emma's gift

beautiful new birthday dress, we LOVE it!
she's holding it up to herself so we can see how it looks:)

Finding Nemo!!!

Candy Land!!!

The birthday cake, I made it all by myself!

blowing out the candles

what a puzzled look, I hope she is enjoying the cake, she sure seemed to be at the time
this is our newest friend, Sydney Fowler, thanks for coming Syd!

modeling her new birthday dress, this is our big 2 year old, very cute if I do say so myself!

Saying thank you for the birthday dress, it is hard to capture sign language with a still shot:)
All of Kenzie's lute
The stroller and table & chairs are what we bought with the birthday money Mom, thank you very much!
The microphone and the magnet writing board(what are those called?) are from the Fowler's, thank you guys so much, she wanted to bring them both to church this morning but I thought the microphone might be a little to irreverent:)

The color wonder stuff from Diana, it was so much fun, we have used almost every page already!

These are from Kenzie's mom and dad, these are the other things we did on her birthday, we curled up on the couch together (mom and Kenzie) and watched Nemo and then "played" Candy Land, it was really a fun day for the both of us, I might have enjoyed it more than her!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENZIE!!!!
7 comments:
Such a cute dress! And great job on the cake!
Happy birthday Kenzie!!!! I can't believe she's two!!!!! Still miss you guys!!!!
That cake is adorable! How did you get the hearts to stand up like that? What an achievement. Sure wish I could have had some.
Love, Grammy H
So fun! And how ARE the Charles family anyway? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST LITTLE KENZIE!!
KATE! The cake is AWESOME!!! Hard to believe that she's already 2. It seems like just a few months ago we were all crowded around saying what a tiny babe she was. Seriously tiny. But, anyways I just wanted to compliment you on your cake making skills. And happy birthday to Kenzie. From tiny Grant and Kristin. :)
so I looked at your posting a long time ago- but I didn't comment! and I meant to, I must have gotten distracted. A very easy thing for me:) ha ha.
thanks for letting us come over. We had so much fun!The food was DELICIOUS! and beautiful. and Kenz wore that dress on Sunday- it is so cute.HAPPY BIRTHDAY KENZ
So cute!! I can't believe she's 2 already. Nice job on the cake!
Post a Comment