We went to see Rob and Marnee's beautiful baby girl and on the way home we got stuck in traffic. A semi-truck was on fire and traffic was completey stopped. A trucker told us it would be at least 2 hours but 30 minutes later we were rolling down the road again, thank goodness!
Kenzie was Snow White for Halloween. We only went to the ward's trunk or treat but she had fun getting the candy anyway.
And for those of you who said you wanted to see pictures of our apartment here they are:
This is what you see when you open the front door, the stairs and door to the GARAGE! It is only one car but it is more than what we had before!
I just put the letters up tonight, this is the first thing you see when you start up the stairs

This is your first view of the apartment from the stairs
These are our new couches! I love them because they are way more neutral than the blue couches my sister so graciously gave to us. We decided to leave them in Michigan and start fresh out here and I am glad we did! (I still want to get some curtains to warm up the room, slowly but surely, right?!)
Our new "entertainment center". It isn't really an entertainment center, it is two book shelves and a tv stand but it is a whole lot nicer than what we had before.
Our nice, spacious, open kitchen. Only those who saw our kitchen in Lansing could appreciate why I think this is so huge.
And a PANTRY! Once again, only those who knew what our apartment was like in Lansing could appreciate my excitement.
Our bedroom, much more spacious and brighter than our last.
Our HUGE walk-in closet, another Lansing thing, our last apartment really was small.
HUGE bathroom #1
Kenzie's new room with her big girl furniture, it was mine while I was growing up.
BIG bathroom #2!!! We only had 1 tiny bathroom in Lansing, now when people come they can have their own bathroom to get ready in. (hint, hint mom:))
That is it, maybe I will post some pictures of our Lansing apartment so that everyone can understand why I think this apartment is so spacious.
7 comments:
Yayyy Kate! Thanks for the pix. It's great to see your spacious and expansive new home-apt-abode, and fun to see the picture of Kenzie. What a love!
Awesome! I love it. Very spacious. I like Kensie's big girl room. Her hair is long now. And two bathrooms-lucky! You deserve a bigger space thank good old Lansing. Thanks for showing us pics. You always have fun stuff going on- Normals life is too exciting some days with little kids. (still waiting for the second bathroom around here!)
there are smoking deals to Vegas from Phoenix. I will have to bring Vivian with me some weekend when I am already in Phoenix. Yes the rooms are larger than your apartment in Lansing. But you have already added your special Kate touches and it looks like "home". Thanks for sharing.
YAY!!!! Glad you guys are all settled in - now we can come visit :) So jealous you got to see Rob and Marnees baby by the way!
WOW! SO CUTE! it is so much bigger than the Lansing house and I bet you are in hog heaven!! I LOVE your WELCOME letters and your style. you have such cute decorations- everything! I hope your table makes it there safely!! I'm so glad to see your new apt :) we miss ya!
Wow! I can read your excitement....2 bathrooms! I didn't see your other apartment, but I am just so happy you are loving your new place.
For some reason, this reminds me of the apartment you had when you lived down here in Mesa! I LOVE your couches. And that furniture from your bedroom brings back memories!!!
Post a Comment