Friday, October 19, 2007
Auntie Em, Auntie Em
So last night when I was trying to get McKenzie to go to sleep, the wind was howling and all of a sudden this strange siren started and just kept going and going. I couldn't figure out what it could be and Paul was at his night class! I went outside to see if I could figure out what was going on. My neighbor was outside and he said it was a TORNADO WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy cow was I ever freaked out. That was the first time I had ever been near a natural disaster and I really had no idea what to do so I went to my other neighbor's house, downstairs, and hung out for a while since their apartment is half way underground. The sirens kept going off until about midnight. Luckily I don't think any touched down here. I had no idea that tornados were a problem in Michigan, if I did I sure would not have let Paul apply to a school here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Kate! What an awful surprise! I am so sorry, i would have been freaked too. At least you know what to do now :) WHAT ELSE ARE YOU HIDING PAUL?? :)
Post a Comment