
Lansing had there 23rd annual silver bell celebration so we decided to brave the cold and go. There was a light parade and then they lit the Capital Christmas tree. It was really cold, I am afraid my body is still not ready for this cold weather. By the end of the parade, which lasted an hour and a half, I was frozen. I couldn't bend my toes which made the walk back to the car a little difficult and my hands were frozen despite being in gloves. I have forgotten how miserable the cold is when you are not prepared. Poor Paul had to listen to me complain all the way back to the car and he wasn't even that cold. He is crazy!

This is the capital building at dusk. I thought this was a good picture so I decided to share it with everyone. I can't remember who the statue is but he did something for Michigan I am sure.

We made sure that McKenzie was ready for the cold though. She had blankets and coats and a long sleeved shirt. I don't think she was too cold! I am pretty sure she was bored though. We got there and stood in a good spot so she could see what was going on and then a bunch of people crowded in front of us and she couldn't see anything. People sure can be rude sometimes!
2 comments:
Wow, that looks so fun!! It looks so festive for Christmas. I know what you mean about the cold, though. I froze just in Flag this weekend and Ren had to listen to me complain.
Kenzie always has a happy smile, even though "baby, it's cold outside."
Grammy H.
Post a Comment