Sunday, May 25, 2008

For the Grandmas

It has been a while since I posted pictures of McKenzie for the Grandma's to enjoy. Maybe this will be a little pick me up:)





Kenzie's first experience with corn on the cob, she enjoyed it thoroughly.





Kenzie enjoying some spaghetti





Kenzie in her new apron from Grandma Emma





Kenzie's new favorite game, emptying out the tupperware cupboard and closing herself in.





Kenzie playing outside



Paul went to the boyscout camp out and took Kenzie and I along with him, she was happy to be outside and explored the whole time, this girl really has no fear!


My first successful cake decorating venture. I have been having trouble getting the right consistency with the frosting and tonight I hit the jackpot. It isn't up to professional grade but I think it is pretty good for being self taught. I was quite excited about the shade of blue, it is my new favorite color, if I had the money I would re-decorate with that color and chocolate brown.

My dear sweet husband got me a side swiper (we don't really know the technical name) for the cake and I finally had enough frosting to use it! I love it!

6 comments:

Lynda Holdsworth said...

Hi Melos ~ Kate I didn't know you had hidden talents in the cake decorating field! The cake looks beautiful. Kenzie is just as adorable as ever - thanks for my weekly happy hour!
Love, Grammy H.

Becky said...

Isn't it funny how little kids will eat corn on the cob and then refuse other vegetables?
That's a beautiful cake! I like the designs you made on it too.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

Your cake is beautiful!!!!

Jeff and Elise said...

Cute pictures, and great job on the cake!

megan said...

wow...that is serious cake decor...how could you bring yourself to eat it????

Jen-ben said...

the cake is so cool!! i wish i knew how...