My mom was here this past week and we went from one coast of Michigan to the other. We started our tour of Michigan in Holland at the Tulip Time Festival. They plant tulips all over town, they were amazing! We also went out to Windmill Island while we were there and they have a field of tulips which were also amazing! Then we went to Frankenmuth for the Zhender's chicken dinner and to shop in their very cute shops. Then we went to Grand Rapids to see the Frank Lloyd Wright house and the other beautiful Victorian houses in the Heritage Hill neighborhood. They were fun to see, a definite must for Michigan visitors. Then we went to Bay City and saw Saginaw Bay. It wasn't too exciting there, it was really romanticised in their brochure. I did get some very cute cloth for my mom to make me an apron with though, I am so excited to be like Lucy! Here are a TON of pictures from the trips. I will try to label some but most are self explanatory.
All of these tulips are planted around the city of Holland
These are all at Windmill Island
This is the Frank Lloyd Wright house. Everything was designed by him, even the carpet!
One of these beds is the original and the other is the duplicate, pretty good match I would say, even the tour guide didn't know which was which without looking at a book.
Another Frank Lloyd Wright designed house. This was actually started by him and then finished by one of his students.
A few of the Victorian homes in Grand Rapids
This is Saginaw Bay/Lake Huron. We couldn't find a beach so we went through a trailer park to see this.
Enjoying some ice cream at Bay City
7 comments:
Wow, those flowers are beautiful! Glad you had fun with your mom! :)
Those pictures of the tulips are beautiful. We went there 2 years ago for the tulips and I ordered some and planted them in the Fall. Too pretty! I love those Frank Loyd Wright houses. Such beautiful design.
I love pictures! Those are soooo beautiful! I loved the last purple ones. Very frilly!
HOW FUN!!! Way to go and see fun things! I hope to see you again soon someday! I didn't even get to say bye to you! I'm glad you had fun with your mom!
those flowers are beautiful! Such fun pictures! Oh yeah...I wasn't sure if you remember me or not, but I was in your ward in Prescott Valley. I saw your blog on LaDawns. Anyhoo....looks like all is well with you. :)
Wow, beautiful pictures!! How do you find out about all this cool stuff? Hope the new apartment is working out for you guys...
Hey guys, since you have moved apartments I need a new address for you.
Post a Comment