I started the day just like an other day I showered, got ready and then Kenzie and I went to Home Depot to get some tomato cages for the tomatoes that we transplanted into the Charles's yard so they would grow. So that went off without a hitch and then it all went downhill from there. I decided to go and get something for lunch because Paul just sold a bunch of books and we had some cash and while I was there Kenzie fell asleep in the car which is fine but that meant that she didn't sleep in her crib when we got home and that was only 30 minutes later and when she only naps for 30 minutes you know that the day is going to be a little crazy. Well, we went to Babies R Us to get her some winter clothes since we had this cash and cash always seems to burn a hole in both mine and Paul's pockets. It took a long time to decide what to get because they have so many cute things but I finally picked everything out that I wanted and when I got up to the counter the girl told me that if I bought one more thing I would get another for free and who could pass that up?! So I went back to try and decide on two more things and then we checked out and I decided to go to the grocery store to get some milk and cheese, which we were out of both. So I get to the store and walk slowly through just browsing, enjoying myself walking through the WHOLE store and then a very kind woman came up to me and that is when I found out - 
I had a giant whole in the seat of my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so embarrassed! I could feel myself turning bright red. I said "hmm, I guess I better go home, huh?" I rushed out of the store, after buying the milk and chesse that we NEEDED. How unbelievably embarrassing! I have no idea when my pants ripped so I don't know if the girls at Babies R Us were laughing at me too or not and I was there for like an hour! The one day Paul stays at school all day and can't tell me that everyone can see my underwear. The saddest part is it was all in vain, the clothes that I bought for Kenzie didn't even fit! I had to take them all back this morning she is still in 12 month pants, but has graduated to 18 months tops. AND, the 12 months pants are the perfect length but still too big around the waist, I don' t know what I am going to do with her! Anyway, I just wanted to share my story with everyone in the hopes that someone would share an equally embarrassing story so I won't feel so incredibly stupid.
UPDATE***** Paul is usually right.
5 comments:
Kate!
LOVE the story, and thanks for letting me get a good laugh out of it! Hey, I am willing to sew anything that Kenzie might need sized. Than when she gets bigger, we can take out the seams and the pants will still fit. Just let me know.
Mellissa
Oh man! I am so sorry! Maybe it had just happened...
And then the clothes didn't even fit!? Oh, the injustice of it all! I'm so sorry! It sounds like you are okay with it though. That is wise of you. :)
Well Kate, it happens to all of us! Maybe not a hole in the seat of the pants, but other things, like a hunk of spinach in your front teeth, etc., etc. Thanks goodness for Laina, the last time I saw her she told me I had a big hunk of food in my front teeth. What would we do without courageous people who will tell us like it is?? Kenzie is such a petite litte thing! What an angel.
Love, Ma.
You broke the first fule, letting Paul think he is right! If you are looking for a good place to get clothes you should talk to Samantha. She gave me Haylee's little girl clothes, but she still has most of her 12 months and older clothes. They are nice and in good shape. I am sure she would share with you.
I can totally sympathise with the clothes for kids thing. My kids are sooo skinny and tall so everything is huge in the waist and too short. At Target (and a few other places but they are cheapest) the have adjustable waistbands in the pants. That way you can cinch it up and they fit better (or at least they don't fall off!).
Good luck and have Paul buy you a big mirror to check out your backside before you leave! j/k:)
Post a Comment