I just looked at the weather for today and the wind chill is -19 that would be NEGATIVE 19!!!!!!!! It is too flippin' cold here this winter, yesterday I went to pick Paul up at 5:30 and the windshield was a mess so I tried to wash it and it just froze on the windshield, thank goodness for defrosters! It makes a person dream of Phoenix in the summer, right now 120 sounds pretty good, of course if I actually had that I would be complaining about that too! I guess it wouldn't be so bad if our heater worked right, I think our thermostat is broken when it is around 30 outside it is about 75 in our apartment and today it is 65 in here, which is a little too cold for me since our windows let in a draft.
This is the frost on the INSIDE of our windows, I can't even scrape it off it is so thick
icicles outside Kenzie's window
frost on the inside of Kenzie's window, I guess I should really be calling it ice
and for my mother, this is what Kenzie looks like right now, as you can tell we haven't bathed yet
5 comments:
KATE! I was just talking to Grant the other day about how cold it is in the mid-west and how happy we were not to be there. We weren't, of course, considering the fact that you live there. But I'm SO sorry about the cold. I needed some perspective on how 30 degrees really isn't that cold and to just suck it up for the next couple months because summer is on its way. And even though I know you didn't intend to give me some much needed perspective, thanks. :) And we miss you.
Hi Katie~ Leah wanted to say hi and how cute your blog, pics, etc. are. Of course, I agree. Ellie says that Macky-Mama is so cute! Can you invite Leah's e-mail into your blog? It is leah.gabaldon@gmail.com. We tried to look at paint.com, but can't find it. Are you sure that is the website? Have a great week...hope you're not frostbitten. Love, HHG, etc.
amen! it is so cold. I'm dreaming of phoenix in the summer and I've never been there! I'm too scared to go outside :) haha everything sounds so dreadful...grocery shopping visiting friends (you) things that I LOVE to do are hard because of the negative weather. I know you understand cause you mentioned at church you did the same thing! Nate told me Di did too..haha we should force ourselves to get with each other. Do a lunch or something.
The new blog is so cute!! great job. and Kenz is adorable in that picture.
You poor, poor girl! I can't even imagine it being so cold and snowy! The pics of little Kenzie are so cute, I LOVE the one of her with the gloves on her feet!
We would get ice inside our windows all the time in OK. Man, MI is DANG cold!!!!
Post a Comment