I am getting tired of fixing the same things for dinner over and over and I was hoping to get some input from those that read this blog. My poor husband who studies and works so hard has been subjected to fixing dinner for himself more and more recently because I can't think of anything to fix. What are your favorite, easy, cheap recipes? Please leave a comment with the recipe or email it to me
knhakaspud@hotmail.com. Thanks girls!
6 comments:
I have a really good pork chop recipe. And I really like my taco meat loaf recipe.
I have often felt the same. Two suggestions.
1. Go to Kraftfoods.com and subscribe to their FREE magazine. It's full of all kinds of cheap and yummy recipes.
2. For a more authentic and "real" recipe site (aka not one that calls for all kinds of pre-packaged Kraft food), go the thepioneerwomancooks.com
This is one I just found and am loving.
Okay and now suggestion number 3: Italian Sausage Spaghetti. This is such a "man" hit! Brown some italian sausage. Add a little heavy whipping cream to your red sauce and then dump in the greasy meat. We've had this like once a week since I discovered it.
Good luck!
Hi Kate! I was just cruising through some blogs and couldn't help but offer my suggestion: I absolutely love the "American Test Kitchen Family Cookbook". Easy recipes that I use almost every night- enchilada's. tamale pie.... yumm! I'll email the ones I have on word docs.
Okay, I am in love with allrecipes.com.:) You can do an advanced search and type in ingredients that you have and it will you give you a recipe for those ingredients!!! How cool is that??? I'll try and email you some of our faves too! Hope all is well!
I have to second the Kraft website and magazine, I get alot of recipes from that website. One of my favorites from this site is Tex Mex Shells and Cheese. I also get some recipes from razzledazzlerecipes.com. They have tons of stuff! I like the Sloppy Joe Squares and the Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce under the restaurant section (this is yummy). I print out all the recipes that I make and keep them in a 3 ring binder. I also make a menu every week (most of the time) and list all the ingredients so I know what I have to get. Then when I don't know what to cook I just look at my menu! Also, breakfast always makes a yummy dinner!
We are trying to get away from eating a lot of meat, so I'm looking for new recipes, too. Here's one I found:
Ingredients
1 cup diced asparagus
1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1 cup diced red bell pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 loaf French bread, about 8 inches long, sliced in half and cut into 4-inch sections
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, add the asparagus, tomatoes and pepper. Add the garlic and toss gently to coat evenly.
Arrange the French bread on the baking sheet. Add 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce and 1/4 of the vegetable mixture to each section. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese is lightly browned and the vegetables are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Post a Comment