Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I'm Going to Miss This

I don't know how many of you listen to country music but there is a song by Trace Adkins that is called You're Going to Miss This and it talks - sings really - about how we are going to miss the different things we experience in life like kids screaming and running wild and how we are going to want it back. I heard it again today on one of my friends blogs (thanks Lish!) and it brought tears to my eyes as a watched McKenzie playing on the floor and then I realized that she is growing so fast. I am so thankful for her! She is my buddy and I don't know what I would do if she wasn't a part of our lives. She can be a handful sometimes but right now, I wouldn't want it any other way. We are so blessed to be mothers, I really can't understand why women don't want this because it is more fulfilling and more fun than any other job on the earth. I AM going to miss this and I AM going to want this back, I hope I can remember this more often and appreciate McKenzie while she is little and build a good relationship with her now so that we can always be buddies. Just while writing this blog she has smashed her fingers in a drawer handed me her shoes to put on her, dove head first off the couch and got stuck between the couches. I LOVE HER!

5 comments:

Moeller Family said...

I knew you would love the songs Kate- especially that one! I thought about you as I was adding that one and "Don't Blink". Love you!

Bethany and Cameron said...

I totally love that song.:) And it helps me focus on what's really importan and teaches me to live in the moment.:)

Camille said...

That is the advice I get more than anything else, "They grow so fast, enjoy every minute!" It's a great reminder.

Kristi said...

It is sooo true! I try to remember that when they draw all over the couches and walls, tear all the pages out of my new books and throw entire plates of food all over me... On second thought, I think there are a FEW things I won't miss:)

jonesmama said...

Kate,
Lish go me into country music and now it's practically all I listen to. I love that song! Another Trace Adkins song I like is "One Hot Mama" - the inspiration for my e-mail address. love, Anna Jones Herbert (my sister logged in so this is under her name.)