Friday, November 14, 2008

Jennifer

We are back from AZ. The funeral for Jennifer was absolutely perfect, exactly what she would have chosen for herself. There were so many people there, she was so absolutely loved by everyone she ever met. It was so peaceful and a good reminder of how wonderful Jennifer is. I am so thankful for the gospel, that we KNOW we will see our family again after this life. In one of the talks given, a story was told about when Jennifer asked for a blessing and the Priesthood holder giving the blessing fasted and went to the temple in preparation, which is amazing too, but in the blessing she was promised that she would be able to be with her family still which is what everyone needed to hear. She loved her family more than anything on this earth. I overheard her son saying that he will miss calling her and telling her how awful his teachers are and having her threaten to call them and give them a piece of her mind and let them know that Grant is the most wonderful boy in the world and they can't be mean to him. I will miss her dearly. She always knew exactly what to say to me to make my insecurities disappear. She always complimented my clothes and my hair and told me I looked like a super model. She always told me how smart I am and what a wonderful mom I am. Everyone needs someone like that in their lives, I don't know what I am going to do without her! I am so thankful to Jon for bringing her into this family. She was definitely one of a kind, no one in this world could ever replace her. I love her so much and find great comfort knowing she is still with her family, watching over them.

5 comments:

nathan said...

She sounds too good to be true. I believe every word though- So heavenly! I agree we all do need someone like that in our life- we aren't all that lucky though. What a blessing to have someone even for a while right? You are amazing and so strong. I wish I could help. I hope your trip, considering the reason, was good. I look forward to seeing you this weekend!
Talk to you soon.

Camille said...

I'm sorry to hear the Jennifer passed away, but what an amazing woman! I hope John and the kids are doing all right. I'm glad she got to see Rachel and Grant's weddings.

Melisa said...

What a wonderful thing to be remembered so fondly.

Kristi said...

I am so glad that it was so beautiful! She is lucky to have such wonderful family who loves her as much as she loves them! I am sure she will be with them always!

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I really like that picture. Thanks for posting this!!