Friday, February 22, 2008
What a pleasant surprise
A few weeks ago I was at a baby shower and while I was there I was talking to the lady sitting next to me and as we were chatting I told her that I am from Flagstaff and she said that she had recently talked to someone from Flagstaff but couldn't remember who. As the shower continued she was thinking about it and finally remembered that she talked to a Sister missionary from Flagstaff but couldn't remember her name. I then remembered my mom telling me that Andrea Fox was on a mission here in Michigan and I mentioned her and the lady said "Yeah, that's who I was talking to." I was so excited that she was here, in Lansing! I talked to the missionaries in our ward but they weren't sure of her phone number (the missionaries here have CELL phones!). I gave up until a few days later another woman called and told me she wanted me to have lunch with her and the Sisters but she wanted it to be a surprise. I agreed and met up with her at the church and surprised Andrea. It was very fun. As we were leaving I told her that I would love it if she could come to my house for dinner some time before she was transferred. She was able to come last night and we had tons of fun remebering the good ole days in Flag. Her companion was kind and patient as we talked and talked about Flag and the apartments that our parents owned together and so on. It was SO nice to see a familiar face out here. Here are some awful (because they are fuzzy) pictures taken with our stupid camera.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is soooo awesome! I have been meaning to write her! I LOVE Andrea! She is amazing and if you should run into her again give her a squeeze from me:)
Post a Comment